Sunday, December 27, 2009

Verse On The Wall

I have never been good about memorizing scripture but have felt it was important to do. I then heard a lady at church talk about the importance of having our kids also memorize scripture and saw a video of her 5 year old recite an entire chapter! What a great thing I can do for my kids to put the Word of God in their hearts from an early age plus maybe I will finally get on the ball myself and learn some.

I have tried a few different techniques but finally found something that is working well for us. I made a chalkboard and hung it on the wall by the gate that separates the living room from the rest of our house. Every time we pass through the gate we say the verse. We go through it many times a day! I originally had it in the kitchen and then tried the front door.

I had the verse down the 1st day and tonight Alex said it multiple times by himself! I will try and get a video of it with my new Christmas present and post it. It only took about a week and honestly there was a few days that we didn't stick to the plan of saying it when we passed through the gate.

Stay tuned for our new verse on the wall. Any suggestions on what verses we should add? Do you have any techniques, tips or routines?

No comments:

Post a Comment