- 8 quarts popped popcorn
-2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
-1 teaspoon salt
-1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1. Place popcorn ( 8qts=24 cups) in a large bowl and set aside. In a saucepan combine brown sugar, butter, corn syrup and salt; bring to a boil over medium heat stirring constantly.
2. Boil for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally
3. Remove from heat
4. Stir in vanilla and baking soda; mix well. Pour over popcorn until well coated.
5. Pour into two greased 13x9 baking pans
6. Bake, uncovered at 250 degrees for 45 minutes stirring every 15 minutes
7. When slightly warm break up and put in and airtight container.
I use an air popper and 3 tablespoons of kernels equals about 6 cups of popped. 8 quarts of popped popcorn is about 12 Tablespoons.
Wait only about 3 minutes after taking it out of the oven to break up and put in a bowl. If you wait too long it will all just stick together.