Wednesday, February 24, 2010

White Pizza Sauce

I have been making homemade pizzas for lunch lately. Usually I just use a jar of spaghetti sauce and mozzarella cheese. One day I decided a white pizza sounded really good and I came across this easy recipe for the sauce. It was great and very simple. I also topped it with some chicken breast and mushrooms. I only had string cheese stick so I just sliced 2 sticks and placed it around the pizza it turned out wonderfully.

White Pizza Sauce
enough for 2 pizzas
can also use on pasta

2 tablespoons butter
3 tablespoons flour
1 cup milk
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1 garlic clove minced (I keep a jar of minced garlic in my fridge)
2 tablespoons fresh basil, minced (I used dried)
1/2 cup parmigiano-reggiano cheese (I just used Parmesan since that is what I had on hand)

Heat butter in small saucepan. Add flour and stir until thoroughly mixed. Slowly whisk in milk, adding gradually. Stir in remaining ingredients. Will thicken upon standing.

Enjoy!

1 comment: