Verse On The Wall

For the eyes of the Lord run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to show Himself strong on behalf of those whose heart is loyal to Him...

2 Chronicles 16:9

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

White Pizza Sauce

I have been making homemade pizzas for lunch lately. Usually I just use a jar of spaghetti sauce and mozzarella cheese. One day I decided a white pizza sounded really good and I came across this easy recipe for the sauce. It was great and very simple. I also topped it with some chicken breast and mushrooms. I only had string cheese stick so I just sliced 2 sticks and placed it around the pizza it turned out wonderfully.

White Pizza Sauce
enough for 2 pizzas
can also use on pasta

2 tablespoons butter
3 tablespoons flour
1 cup milk
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1 garlic clove minced (I keep a jar of minced garlic in my fridge)
2 tablespoons fresh basil, minced (I used dried)
1/2 cup parmigiano-reggiano cheese (I just used Parmesan since that is what I had on hand)

Heat butter in small saucepan. Add flour and stir until thoroughly mixed. Slowly whisk in milk, adding gradually. Stir in remaining ingredients. Will thicken upon standing.

Enjoy!

1 comment: