Wednesday, September 8, 2010

A Little Help For My Closet




A few weeks ago I started to work on decluttering and organizing my closet. I always put it off since it seemed like such a huge project to take on but at the same time was always a burden to me having it such a mess. With my new habits I am learning from Fly Lady I have decided to tackle it only working only 15 minutes at a time. I set my timer and when it is done so I am. It really is amazing how much you can get done in 15 minutes if you just buckle down and do it!

I found out that I have a good collection of baseball hats and I wanted a better way to store them. I posted on freecycle for one of those hat organizers. I had only 1 person respond and she suggested that I just put a bunch of nails in the wall and hang them that way. I thought that was a great idea (and also a cheap one). I have a perfect wall for that behind the closet door even... Well my husband has a thing about hanging stuff on walls correctly so he didn't go for it. He did however come up with an even better idea. He said he could build me a board and put knobs on it to hang my stuff off of.

I spent $4.50 on the fabric and $14 on the knobs, the wood was leftover from another project and ended you with and nice place for my hats and bags. I must admit I did get rid of over half on my hats as well. Once they were all hung up I noticed that I actually 3 out of my 5 hats that I kept say "Yellowstone". I now can clearly see that I should get rid of a pink "Yellowstone" hat and replace it with a new Blue U.C. Davis hat (I tossed all my old ones)




The closet is not done yet but it is much more livable and no longer stressing me. Just a few more 15's is all it will take.

No comments:

Post a Comment