Verse On The Wall

For the eyes of the Lord run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to show Himself strong on behalf of those whose heart is loyal to Him...

2 Chronicles 16:9

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

A Little Help For My Closet




A few weeks ago I started to work on decluttering and organizing my closet. I always put it off since it seemed like such a huge project to take on but at the same time was always a burden to me having it such a mess. With my new habits I am learning from Fly Lady I have decided to tackle it only working only 15 minutes at a time. I set my timer and when it is done so I am. It really is amazing how much you can get done in 15 minutes if you just buckle down and do it!

I found out that I have a good collection of baseball hats and I wanted a better way to store them. I posted on freecycle for one of those hat organizers. I had only 1 person respond and she suggested that I just put a bunch of nails in the wall and hang them that way. I thought that was a great idea (and also a cheap one). I have a perfect wall for that behind the closet door even... Well my husband has a thing about hanging stuff on walls correctly so he didn't go for it. He did however come up with an even better idea. He said he could build me a board and put knobs on it to hang my stuff off of.

I spent $4.50 on the fabric and $14 on the knobs, the wood was leftover from another project and ended you with and nice place for my hats and bags. I must admit I did get rid of over half on my hats as well. Once they were all hung up I noticed that I actually 3 out of my 5 hats that I kept say "Yellowstone". I now can clearly see that I should get rid of a pink "Yellowstone" hat and replace it with a new Blue U.C. Davis hat (I tossed all my old ones)




The closet is not done yet but it is much more livable and no longer stressing me. Just a few more 15's is all it will take.

No comments:

Post a Comment